Thursday, October 8, 2009

White Bean Soup with Croutons

Today I drove out to Sparrow's Nest Organic Farm. I have not felt satisfied in leaving the, 'touring Alberta farms' section for project:cookbook behind. I may not have been the best farmer in an ill-prepared outfit of old shoes & a hoodie, but my heart was in it & they needed a hand. Truthfully I was a little glad to be indoors bagging up the freshly pulled carrots while Graham harvested the last few rows under an inch or two of snow in the field.

For snack we had black coffee & ginger snaps, for lunch the heartiest hand warming vegetable bean soup ever.

1. The rolling, grassy plains of the prairies only get prettier when they start to die.
2. Farmer's are the heartiest people on the planet.
3. Skating rinks are made for hockey, not for driving your Mazda (aka Rachel Ray) on.

J.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment